The following job announcements are offered as a courtesy to our members and guests who view this web site. OAEP does not guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Current OAEP corporate members can forward requests for job postings here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry- to Mid-Level Environmental Scientist
Formation Environmental is a growing environmental consulting firm founded in 2009 by a partnership of senior professionals with a long history in the industry. Our multi-disciplinary project teams apply state-of-the-art techniques to achieve each client’s unique technical, regulatory, and financial objectives. Our clients include public and private entities in natural-resource, industrial, transportation, and agricultural markets. Formation is based in Boulder, Colorado, with additional personnel in Alabama, California, Pennsylvania, Texas, Montana, and Oregon.
We are seeking a full-time environmental scientist with 3 to 5 years of experience in environmental consulting and environmental regulations (e.g., CERCLA and RCRA) to work in our Portland, Oregon office. The ideal candidate will have a degree in an environmental science or engineering field (master’s degree preferred) and a strong aptitude in the following areas:
- Advanced research and analysis skills with specific experience using analytical and records databases
- Comprehensive understanding of environmental studies and investigations
- Ability to evaluate industrial/operational history and identify potential sources at contaminated sites
- Ability to synthesize detailed information gathered from research and communicating findings in technical memoranda and reports
- Ability to perform spatial analysis using ArcGIS
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point)
- Experience working on confidential legal and litigation matters preferred.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational, communication, and problem solving skills; and must be willing to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
Formation provides an exciting work environment that promotes professional advancement. We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance and a 401k plan.
For confidential consideration, please submit a cover letter and résumé via email: email@example.com
Northwest Environmental Business Council
Northwest Environmental Business Council (NEBC) www.nebc.org is seeking a new Executive Director to lead the organization into its third decade. Based in Portland, the E.D. partners with the Board to set direction and is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the organization and its activities, as well as developing new member services and programming. NEBC is a dynamic regional trade association representing 260 Northwest companies working in the environmental and energy industry. It serves its members through education, networking, business development, and advocacy. NEBC is event-driven, annually producing six conferences and several dozen luncheons, forums, and mixers in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. Applications are due by February 22. For more information and to apply, go to: https://nebcjobs.applicantpool.com/jobs/64731.html (or locate job at www.nebcjobs.org)
We have an opening for the right environmental geologist. We are a small but steadily growing environmental services company. We care about our clients and the valuable relationships we have established and are looking for more. Our small management team is flexible and approachable.
We are looking for a high energy, solution-oriented multi-tasker with technical expertise that cares about exceeding expectations and cost-effectiveness. The successful candidate will be a Registered Geologist and be qualified under AAI criteria as an Environmental Professional, with experience performing all aspects of Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, both in the office and in the field. Further experience should include at least some of the following:
- Remedial Investigations/Feasibility Studies (RI/FS) and Phase III ESAs
- Groundwater investigations and installation and sampling of monitoring wells,
- Contaminated soil and groundwater remediation plans- including in-situ treatment
- Supervision of UST decommissioning and cleanup work, and accurate logging of soil sample cores
- Brownfield redevelopment
- Oregon Registered Geologist or PE
- 5 plus years of experience performing environmental field sampling and data collection
- Strong technical writing skills and some experience with data management and report preparation are vital as drafting technical memos and reports will be significant responsibilities
- Washington State Site Assessor’s License and/or Oregon DEQ UST Supervisor’s License are bonuses
- Ability to work individually and as a team member
- Commitment to on-the-job safety
- A clean driving record and background check are vital
Please submit a resume and cover letter, a brief summary of recently completed projects, and 2 writing samples.
Dave@eworksnw.com No phone calls.